Romag Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy by complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We procure data in a variety of ways, collected in line with the lawful basis of ‘Legitimate Interests’. If you have received correspondence from us, we will have procured your data in one of the following ways:
- You have requested information from Romag directly via the website, telephone call, email, fax or social media for the purpose of receiving information now and/or in the future.
- Someone has sent us your e-mail address requesting information about our products be sent to you for example colleagues or clients in the supply chain related to your project for the purpose of receiving information now and/or in the future.
- We have previously met at an event or exhibition and your business card or contact details were handed to us willingly for the purpose of ongoing communication.
- You or a business colleague has visited our website and we believe that there is a genuine legitimate interest in our services (see IP address and cookies).
- A member of our team has found your business and your contact details online, believing that your business would genuinely be interested in Romag products, based upon your job function aligning with our typical customer profiles they have made contact to introduce you to our product.
- Your data has been purchased by a registered third-party data supplier, which will have been segmented by industry, organisation size and job function based upon our typical customer profiles. (Due diligence checks around GDPR compliance will have been conducted accordingly)
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Company name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Product interest
The above information will be collected when completed enquiry forms are submitted at our site: www.romag.co.uk or you have emailed us or telephoned Romag directly. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, downloading documents, subscribing to our newsletter or requesting further services such as quotes. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
If you contact us, we will seek permission to keep a record of that correspondence for the following purposes:
- To supply requested information such as data sheets, quotations, order updates and POD’s
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, special offers, important company updates or other information you may find interesting using your preferred method of contact which you have supplied
- To meet an important part of our auditing processes to meet international quality standard 9001:2015 and ISO/TS22163 meanswe will contact you up to twice a year to invite you participate in a customer survey to help improve the quality of our service. Participation is optional.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We use IP Address tracking technology to identify businesses visiting our site and the pages that are being used. The IP tracking software reveals the non-personal identity of anonymous website traffic and turns them into actionable leads within a business to business environment.
The non-personally identifiable information collected is as follows:
- Company name
- Company website
- Company business address
- Generic business email address
- Browsing patterns
- Operating system
- Browser type
- IP address
The purpose of this is to help us analyse data about web page traffic in order to develop and improve our website for business visitors. No personal information is identified during this process at any time. Romag may use this information to outreach if there is a genuine legitimate interest.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Our website is a certified secure website, indicated by the padlock symbol in your browser and Romag. As such, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Romag works with a number of trusted suppliers and businesses to provide you the high-quality goods and services you expect from us. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
We work with automated marketing companies such as Mailchimp and Survey Monkey to send out electronic communications and carry out surveys on our behalf to users who subscribe to receive them. Information held is on a secure server. You can review their privacy policies for information on how they manage user data.
Public Relations Companies
From time to time we may use public relations companies to conduct promotional work for us for the purpose of joint press releases and advertising opportunities. If this is the case, we will contact you in advance for permission before sharing any data.
We value the privacy of our clients and will never sell your information to third parties for financial gain.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under ‘what we do with the information we gather’ above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
DATA STORAGE AND RETENTION
The data held by Romag is processed and stored in the UK within a secure environment. You have the right to object to any communications from Romag at any time. To do this simply click the ‘unsubscribe button’ at the bottom of any promotional email. If you have received a call, please tell the representative that you do not wish to receive any further communication. You can also make your request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REQUEST FOR DELETION
As well as the right to object, you have the right to be forgotten. If you make a request for deletion we will remove all personal information about you from our system.
The only exception to the request for deletion would be for legal documents for product manufacture subject to a legal obligation of professional secrecy – or any of the issues outlined in the ‘how long we keep your information’ section.
Please make your request in writing
By emailing: email@example.com.
Or by writing to: Data Protection, Romag Limited, Leadgate Industrial Estate, Leadgate, Consett, DH8 7RS.
We will process and respond to your request within 30 days, this service will be free of charge.